Students sometimes feel bored with convential lessons built on PowerPoint, lectures, exercises, creating summaries and closing discussions. They want a more reality-based approach. That’s why a short brainstorming session was held resulting in an agprocedure:
- Field research: That means taking pictures of posters placed at different locations of the city
- Before students go out they create a checklist for poster analysis. One form is necessary for each picture to be taken
- Finally they get into groups of 4-6, walk around to different places, take pictures and enter their results into their checklist
- They return to class, transfer their photographs from their cellphones or cameras to their notebook, create a short PowerPoint presentation – consisting only of a small number of slides – to introduce their findings to class
- A short discussion in class takes place after each team’s presentation. Then they rank their pictures and discuss their reasoning.
Repetition of the Marketing Mix Basics:
The students already have dealt with the subject in their 2nd form.
They get into groups of 3-4. Each group prepares a presentation and a handout including one of the core concepts as well as questions on the extended Marketing Mix topics:
- Physical layout
- Provision of customer service
For doing that task students can use their textbook “Marketing and International Business” by Manz Verlag Schulbuch as well as the following websites:
Marketing terms and hundreds of other business words can be found on the brand new Business English Posters: