- Which features of the organisation of a McDonald’s could be described as Taylorite?
- Explain the meaning of the term “economic man”.
- What is meant by “time and motion study”? How did
Taylor make use of this method?
- Explain the difference between piece-rate and differential piece-rate.
- Identify three main consequences of
- Give a brief outline of Mayo’s research methods at
- How may group norms affect productivity at a workplace?
- Explain the meaning of the term “the Hawthorne effect”
- Explain two effects upon firms of Mayo’s work on human relations.
- Which two levels of Maslow’s hierarchy could be called “the lower order needs”?
- Describe in your own words why Maslow organised the needs into a hierarchy?
- State three business implications of Maslow’s work on human needs.
- Herzberg believes pay does not motivate, but is important. Why?
- How do motivators differ from hygiene factors?
- What is job enrichment? How is it achieved?
- Which of the factors had the least effect on satisfaction or dissatisfaction?
- One of the Herzberg’s objectives was to question whether good human relations were as important in job satisfaction as claimed by Elton Mayo. Do you think he succeeded?
- Responsibility had the longest lasting effect on job satisfaction. Why may this be the case?